Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jesus te ama.


I was reunited tonight with some truly amazing women. Women I served with on the mission field of Iquitos, Peru this summer...We shared our latest struggles and joys...our past adventures together...and what the future holds for each of us. It didn't take very long for us to start spilling our hearts. And hearing the excitement in their voices as they spoke of God and His plans, my heart was revitalized. Not that I don't have truly incredible friends that love the Lord with all their heart, because I do (and am deeply grateful)...But because with these girls, I share a very unique bond. We share Peru. And what God did in each of our hearts there is only magnified as we commune.

Julie, my roommate on the trip and dear friend, made a fantastic video documenting our journey. And I sat on my couch tonight with tears in my eyes as I watched. For several reasons... 1. I was overwhelmed at simply seeing some of those precious faces again. 2. My heart was overjoyed. Because I was witnessing all over again what it was like to care about nothing but the gospel of Jesus Christ. Being out of your comfort zone with nothing but the faith that God will speak and move through you will do that to a person. 3. Lastly, I was so moved because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the mission of Christ's gospel will ALWAYS be present in my life. And unless I am physically unable to make the trip every year, I will hit the ground running the race in Peru summer after summer. Because the people there need Christ. And the ones that already know and love Him refresh my spirit in ways that I am sure they are unaware of.

So I praise God tonight. For opening my eyes to the beauty of His gospel. For saving my sick and dying soul. And for giving me the strength, and passion, and ability to go and tell that story. Boldly and sincerely.

Thank you Peru for teaching my heart what love looks like...In a way that I will be forever changed by experiencing. See you again in July. In the meantime, know that Jesus te ama.




Luke 10:2: "...And He said to them, The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaylie! Saw a pictures of you on Callie's blog. Loved the mustache :) Glad you two are friends! We were sorority sisters in college. Isn't she amazing?? Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete