I currently believe that there is a fine line between...
Busyness and Apathy.
Loving people furiously and letting their thoughts guide yours.
Holding loosely and not paying attention.
Having an opinion and attacking someone else's.
Discipline and legalism.
Being a dreamer and being aimless.
Caring and worrying.
Being vulnerable and not guarding your heart.
Being wise and not trusting God to move.
Being content and being comfortable.
I think that I will always struggle with the fine line. And maybe spend too much time analyzing it. But that's just because I'm mildly type-A. However, I also believe that God knows that about me. And He knows that as long as I struggle, I will lean on Him and His Word for guidance. I know that He is able, and bigger, and more sovereign than my struggle with this life. I also happen to know that through all of my battles, He has been faithful to squeeze beautiful things out of them. Faithful to refine by fire. That truth makes the fine line clearer. Makes life about Him and not about me. Just as it should be.


No comments:
Post a Comment