Friday, October 15, 2010

Big things...

Oh man, I'm really bad at updating blogs when things are moving so quickly through life. But today, in the midst of a quiet moment during my lunch break, I am reflecting. And breathing deep the beauty of providence and grace. I am so blessed to be where I am and, I must say that God is teaching me so many things. For instance: that baby heartbeats and smiles require no translation; and that a lunch break spent enveloped in a cool breeze and sunshine is priceless; and also that the people in my life are such sweet, special people. Oh and that God is moving everywhere. In all things. Building new things, and sustaining old ones. Propelling missions to spread his precious gospel. Providing strength for those hands and feet that are taking it to cities and countries that desperately need hope. And today, I am overwhelmed that I serve such a good God with such beautiful people.

It is Fall. And my heart just swells everytime October rolls around. Football, caramel-spice anything, and warm moments make me smile. Maybe the time of year has ignited my nostalgia today, but I think its bigger than that. I think that my God is preparing me for things. Lots of really amazing things. And the anticipation is fueling my moments today. Fanning a flame, if you will. Some of the plans He's making for me are becoming clearer, while others are still vague. In both, I rejoice today.

One of the big things happening in my heart today is this: Last week I had the opportunity to speak at Samford to close to 200 freshmen girls about Women's Health. (Yes, I'm a geek, but this was something that I feel like God has created me to do. Love women and teach them what is good for their bodies, their minds, and their hearts--this is one of the more vague plans that I feel God has for me, b/c I do believe that I will teach one day in a classroom setting of some kind. But not today...Continuing on...) I was asked to speak by one of my former students, Emily. And how wonderful it was to catch up with her and Candace (another one of my former students) that night. They are precious, and fresh, and in love with Christ. Good for the heart. Anyway, they had mentioned wanting to travel to Haiti during Jan term to do some community health missions, and asked if I was interested. Is that even a question? Of course I was! So I started praying...and asking questions. And today, the text came. There are plans in the works to head there in January with a team of medical professionals and students to minister to the people of Haiti :) And I could not be more excited. A people I have not had the chance to love, to teach, to share the gospel with. So I ask for your prayers. That God would be glorified as He provides, prepares, and paves the way. Because He already is, you see. I got a phone call yesterday from a friend at church asking if I would be interested in having a table (displaying paintings) at a Women's Ministry Fundraiser in November. Beth presented her request, saying that I would be able to use the money raised for an upcoming mission trip if I wanted. Really? God is good. (That's at SMBC in Nov. If you want details, shoot me an email kpatrick85@gmail.com)

So here I am...babbling. After much silence in the blog-world. But today, I am wrapped up in gratefulness. Simply in love with God and His plans. Thankful for Christ who died that I might live this life in Him and for Him. Not as a passer-by or as a stagnant body, but as I was created to live it. For that I am grateful. Just wanted to share.
You are loved.
K

1 comment:

  1. well. i wrote a comment. then it erased it.

    your blog hates me.

    sorry you could write during your quiet lunch break on a friday. UGH.

    but i'm not actually reading the post because you're telling me about Haiti in real life.

    ReplyDelete