For some, it could be in times of sorrow. Others (better than I) times of overwhelming joy. For me, I wince at the condition of my heart when I am exhausted. Worn out from the inside out. This week was one of those times for me. Through physical and emotional wear and tear, I see very clearly in hindsight that I am a broken girl. But redeemed completely by a sweet Savior.
When we are tired...when our defenses are down...when our vision is clouded by the things of the world...our Enemy sinks his teeth into our unaware souls. And the sooner we become aware, the better.
So before you and I start a downward spiral of sin and apathy, we must fight. The moment that you and I realize we are in one of these valley-times, we must start climbing out. As fast, and as hard, and as faithfully as we can. In the midst of our sorrow, our joy, our exhaustion, know that we are not beaten. Your soul has not been overcome. You have been redeemed from all that you think that you are. All that you were. And all that you become when you embrace your humanity. You shall want for nothing, dear one, because the Lord is enough and more than able to fight for you.
Find rest in knowing that you are led by a kind Shepherd.
Find comfort in knowing that grace exists.
Find courage in God Almighty alone.
Find beauty in your weakest moments for His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 23:
"God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
You find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
You let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.
Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.
You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life."
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life."
2 Corinthians 12:9:
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."


No comments:
Post a Comment