Saturday, April 25, 2009

But Take Heart.

There have been many times in my life when God has quieted me with His love. There have been countless times that God has calmed my heart with a mere word or whisper. And I know that there are thousands of days ahead when only His voice will give me the peace I long for. 

God has not let me down this week. Faithfully. Again. This week has been one of the busiest, most exhausting (both physically and spiritually) weeks. And yet, I feel refreshed today knowing that He has overcome all of my frets. All of my plans. All of me. 

Tonight as Chris Tomlin led us in worship, he sang these words: "Jesus has overcome. And the grave is overwhelmed. Victory is won. He is risen from the dead." And I as I sang, the singing turned into reflection...which turned into worship. And there I was. Fully aware of His presence in my life and His sovereignty over all. Christ has defeated all that separates me from the greatest Love I will ever know. And He is alive in me today. I am friends with the God of the Universe and my life has been placed in His Hands to use as He wills to glorify Him. In light of that truth, my troubles...my worries seem but as vapors. 



"I tell you these things so that you might have peace: In this World, you will have trouble. But take heart, for I have overcome the World."
--Christ in John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment