Today I was just overwhelmed by the favor of God. Not because I have been given tremendous amounts of favor today specifically, but just looking back at my life and what God has created it to be, its overwhelming. To think that the God of the universe loves me is enough. But to know for certain that He is creating a life especially for me is simply too much. He has prepared my heart to love people...prepared my hands for a job that I love...prepared my mind to understand the words that He speaks to me through circumstances. And I love Him more every single day because of who He is...and who He is creating me to be.
I truly believe that God pieces together each moment to create a lifetime full of stories of His grace. I can see that in my life. Not because I'm anything special, but simply because He is so big...and so intimate at the very same time.
He has provided answers when I deserved none. He has offered comfort when I should have been left to fend for myself. And He has been faithful when I struggle to be. I owe my life to this God...who is more than just that. He is my Father. My friend. He is my strength and my portion and therefore, the reason for my existence. I pray to honor Him in my relationships...to love Him when people don't understand...and to always be grateful.
Psalm 73:23-28
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.
Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment