Ok I realize that this won't be nearly as funny as it was to witness it first hand, but I must share a story of my family. I arrived at the beach this morning and met my aunts, Jean and Cherie. We chatted in the condo as it rained outside...went to a movie as it continued to downpour...and then ate a yummy dinner at Carraba's, while it continued to rain. Did I mention that it was raining at the beach? And maybe this contributed to the delirium that ensued as the afternoon slipped away. Or maybe its because we haven't all hung out in a couple of months. Whatever it was, it made for a laugh-your-tail-off funny day.
So on to my story. Like a cherry on a Sundae, this topped the day off.
We arrived back at the condo tonight as my parents pulled in...We embraced, laughed a little more and headed across the parking deck to the elevators. I say we, but I mean, we followed behind Jean who was trucking it across the deck, mumbling something about parking on the wrong side and now we have to walk a long way. In her haste, she failed to recognize the bright yellow speed bump on the cement below her feet. Before we knew it, she was flying through the air like a 747. It took what seemed like 10 minutes to actually hit the ground, but when she did, she landed smack on top of our to-go boxes from dinner. PLOP! Taters everywhere. MEANWHILE, in HER attempt to catch her sister, Cherie began to run toward her fallen comrade paying no mind to the SAME SPEED BUMP THAT TOOK HER SISTER OUT! She, too, went out in a blaze of glory on the pavement. Through tearful eyes and shallow breaths, we picked them both up off the ground (fortunately with no injuries other than skinned knees and bruised egos)...Needless to say, we will not be having left-over Chicken Marsala and Filet Bryan for lunch tomorrow.
I love my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment