Monday, May 17, 2010

A New Day.

So, this weekend, my sis graduated college. What an incredible accomplishment! So the past few days have been filled with praise and time with family. Which is always welcome around here...In celebrating, I was filled with memories of that time in my life. When letting go seemed impossible and moving forward seem daunting. Tuscaloosa was the place where I had grown up the most and God had recreated a servant's heart within me. And until this day, I remember that time as being one of the sweetest seasons of my life. Praise God for seasons. For bringing us in and out of sorrow and reintroducing us to joy. But most importantly, for being the same God through it all. There is such sweet peace in knowing that He is exactly who He says He is. He will do what He says He will do. And He is faithful even when we are not. Hallelujah for time passed and for what lies ahead.

Below are some of my favorite still shots from the weekend.

All the ladies with Ambie and her oh-so-lovely nursing uniform...


This was when we realized that this pinning was nothing like we'd practiced...


Me and the graduate :)


Ambie and I with our sweet mom...


Ambie, Holly, and I...


My Memaw and I :) Can you see the resemblance?


She did it!



"I'm gonna sing this song
To let you know that you're not alone
And if you're like me
You need hope, coffee, and melody
So sit back down
Let the world keep spinning ‘round
For yesterday's gone and today is waiting on you to show your face..."
Robbie Seay Band

2 comments:

  1. Kaylie, I absolutely love this post. Congrats to Amber! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I just found you- YAHOOOOO!

    2. I LOVE the picture of all three of us! YIPPEY!

    3. AND...well...congrats to Amber (who still hasn't received her graduation present from us. OOPS)

    ReplyDelete