"We have not stopped praying for you since the first day we heard about you. In fact, we always pray that God will show you everything he wants you to do and that you may have all the wisdom and understanding that his Spirit gives. Then you will live a life that honors the Lord, and you will always please him by doing good deeds. You will come to know God even better.His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy. I pray that you will be grateful to God for letting you have part in what he has promised his people in the kingdom of light.God rescued us from the dark power of Satan and brought us into the kingdom of his dear Son, who forgives our sins and sets us free.
Christ is exactly like God, who cannot be seen. He is the first-born Son, superior to all creation. Everything was created by him, everything in heaven and on earth, everything seen and unseen, including all forces and powers, and all rulers and authorities.
All things were created by God's Son, and everything was made for him. God's Son was before all else, and by him everything is held together. He is the head of his body, which is the church. He is the very beginning, the first to be raised from death, so that he would be above all others. God himself was pleased to live fully in his Son. And God was pleased for him to make peace by sacrificing his blood on the cross, so that all beings in heaven and on earth would be brought back to God."
Colossians 1: 9-20
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Safe to say...
So, here lately, I have been trying to make the most of my days off. You know, since I won't have any of those mid-week come June 28th. I've been getting up around 8:30, sipping coffee, spending some time in the Word and with the Lord. Then once I'm awake and geared up for the day, here's what I might do/be doing: go run, go to the pool, run some errands, return phone calls, meet with people I haven't seen in a while, drive, take pictures, cook, etc. It's been incredible, actually. To have that freedom. And I am truly grateful for this life that the Lord has allowed me to live for the past three years. But as I have recently stated, this chapter will be closing soon. And I think it's safe to say that I'm a little scared. I feel confident that maybe ten of my friends actually read this blog, so I'll share my fears here with little worry that I am pouring my heart out to the world.
I fear that I won't know the answers, that I'll be tired more often than not, that I will let my time in clinic pass me by without truly sharing the Lord and His Word with my patients, that I will miss something and a family's life will never be the same, that I will be viewed as a young professional who's not sure what she's doing, that I will struggle to be confident in my new role, that I will come home most days and wish that I was still working 3 days a week in Labor and Delivery, that it might be 10 more years before I know beyond a shadow of a doubt who I am and what I'm doing here.
But, bigger than those fears is my God who has led me to this place. And that's really all I need to know. There are not a lot of words that pass through these lips that will be remembered forever or have stood the test of time, but those, my friend, will.
It's safe to say that I am merely a woman, that I will never have everything figured out, and that I will always struggle to find and exercise the strength and faith it takes to be the woman He is creating me to be. But it is also safe to say that my God is bigger than that. Than me. Than this life we call home for a moment. He is all we need. Incomparably and incomprehensibly so. That's pretty safe to say, my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey friend... uncertainty is always going to arise, because we as humans are not adequate enough to deal with our circumstances... that's why we have Jesus. :)
ReplyDeleteMy dad wrote this motto for himself at somepoint in time during his life and at times of uncertainty and well, fear, I have to remind myself of it... I'll lend it to you:
"I am God’s creation, unique from all others. I am what I am because God needed me like this. I am better suited for my place in this world than anyone else in this world. No one can take my place. Do what I can do, or be what I can be."
He puts us in our places for a reason, and even though we may not always feel it's the right place, He has allowed us to be there so it is HIS PLAN. So, just do what you can do (what He has equipt and educated you for) and be satisfied with that and in Him.
Love you!! KC
Great transparent post Kaylie! And you're right - even 10 years down the road you won't feel like you have it figured out - whatever 'it' is... Steve preached on Heaven last Sunday night - and that's a pretty good focus to have. Eternal, forever treasures - not what makes us 'happy' here in the temporal.
ReplyDeleteMatthew 6:19-21
"Don't hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or—worse!—stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it's safe from moth and rust and burglars. It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being."
Praying for you during this transition in your life!
PAM
praying for you girl! thanks for sharing your heart :)
ReplyDelete