Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010

Today was our last clinic day in Sol Naciente. Among the 175 patients we saw today, was this precious little girl in the below picture. You’ll see her in the “wheelchair” with her little brother. Smiling right through the diagnosis of Spina Bifida. She was diagnosed as an infant and clearly the surgeries have not given her the ability to walk, play or run like the other kids. But oh man, does she love bubbles. I watched her mother pick her up from her wheelchair this afternoon at SportsReach and hold her up as she popped them with her sweet little fingers. Each time, a squeal of delight escaping her lips. It was in that moment that I realized how little I am truly grateful. Just how precious the little things are. And was humbled to tears. Again, it wasn’t about me at all. That moment was about a child. Joyfully embracing life as she had been given it. There I prayed that one day she might fall madly in love with the God that gave it to her.



At sunset, I shared my testimony with almost 200 people at a street-side church service. People whom we pray will be the firm foundation upon which this church at Sol Naciente will stand. As we loaded the bus, we were sent away with a sweet, sincere prayer by the church: “Te amo mas de mi vida.”



Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment