* My best friend became engaged to the love of her life (they will be married August 20, 2011)
* I rang in the new year with sweet friends and shared my first meal of 2011 with the dearest of these (Supper Club will celebrate 3 years this summer)
* I learned to play Nerts (And have stayed up way past midnight multiple nights playing it-- for those of you that know me, you know that this behavior is not commonplace. Thus, 2011 has me turning over a new leaf...maybe.)
*My sweet friend, Amanda, got to say goodbye to the NICU and take her little man, Laine home for the first time.
* I have been preparing for two very important speaking engagements: Progress 2011 (A UAB OB/GYN conference that will take place at the end of February), and Kidz Blitz (took place this weekend)
* I have been preparing for two very important speaking engagements: Progress 2011 (A UAB OB/GYN conference that will take place at the end of February), and Kidz Blitz (took place this weekend)
*We kicked off our very last Core Group Semester! (I've had the sweet opportunity to watch these girls grow since they were in the 9th grade, and this year they will graduate High School to begin their college lives.)
* I had the incredible opportunity to travel across the country to San Francisco to reunite with some dear friends there. In their faithfulness, these friends moved their lives there in response to God's call to plant a church in the heart of the city. Epic Church had their fourth preview service while I was there and will begin weekly services starting February 13 ( find out more by visiting www.epicsf.com) I was both blessed and equally burdened by my time there. Blessed by their hearts, our God and His plans, and by the city itself. Burdened by the tremendous need for the gospel in San Fran, and by the spiritual darkness present in the hearts of its people. But the beauty most definitely outweighed the pain. Knowing that God is up to something big there and that my friends are running the race with such grace...that is a beautiful thing. Continue to pray for all that call Epic home. For all that will call Epic home. And for all that are touched by the God of that city and all others under the sun.
Speaking of silence. I spent the last hour of my drive home today in complete silence. And let me tell you, it was simply beautiful. While God has given me so many opportunities to speak, and to listen, I was reminded that some of my sweetest times with Him are spent in silence. So again, I apologize for the lag in blog updates, but remember that silence is golden from time to time.
Below are some pics from my January adventures...





* I had the incredible opportunity to travel across the country to San Francisco to reunite with some dear friends there. In their faithfulness, these friends moved their lives there in response to God's call to plant a church in the heart of the city. Epic Church had their fourth preview service while I was there and will begin weekly services starting February 13 ( find out more by visiting www.epicsf.com) I was both blessed and equally burdened by my time there. Blessed by their hearts, our God and His plans, and by the city itself. Burdened by the tremendous need for the gospel in San Fran, and by the spiritual darkness present in the hearts of its people. But the beauty most definitely outweighed the pain. Knowing that God is up to something big there and that my friends are running the race with such grace...that is a beautiful thing. Continue to pray for all that call Epic home. For all that will call Epic home. And for all that are touched by the God of that city and all others under the sun.
Speaking of silence. I spent the last hour of my drive home today in complete silence. And let me tell you, it was simply beautiful. While God has given me so many opportunities to speak, and to listen, I was reminded that some of my sweetest times with Him are spent in silence. So again, I apologize for the lag in blog updates, but remember that silence is golden from time to time.
Below are some pics from my January adventures...
My sweet hostess, Lindsey Lee, took me to work with her :)


I thoroughly enjoyed Bring-Your-Friend-To-Work Day at the Epic Office in San Fran!

Shauna and the boys introduced me to the yummiest breakfast restaurant!

Oh yeah, she's making muffins from a handwritten recipe book :)
Epic Preview Service!
This is how we descend big hills in San Fran. Like a roller coaster :)
Classic.

















San Francisco looks amazing. Glad you are back safe!
ReplyDelete