Sunday, February 19, 2012

Singing over me.

When I sing, I feel alive. It's always been that way...Sometimes, spoken words just don't convey the emotion of a situation like the lyrics to a song do. When I sing, I feel like my heart is just overflowing its contents. Joy, frustration, peace, sadness. Regardless of the feeling, when I sing, I process it.

And when I sing to the Lord, I feel as though it is only He and I in the room. What an intimate knowledge. A deep love. Well, the Word tells us that God sings. Sings over us. Do you even know how incredibly happy that makes me? When we don't know the words to say...when we don't feel like His plans are panning out...when we feel lonely and lost. He is singing over us. A sweet and strong song. Find rest in that today. Take heart, my brother. Have joy, my sister. For He is near, and fighting for you.




"The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? and earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:23-26

No comments:

Post a Comment