Have you ever looked back on a time, or a season of life, or even a moment and been able to describe it in a word?
i.e.
Middle school = awkward.
My freshman year of college = definitive.
Yesterday = exhausting.
Most of the times in our lives are either intentionally or unintentionally defined in a word. And I personally believe that we have more control over how each day is defined than we sometimes think. Well, this year, the Lord has laid a particular word on my heart. Over the years, He has been so faithful to teach my heart the paths to take, the way to love, and the way to mend. And this year, I so deeply desire to be teachable.
The dictionary defines the word "teach" this way:
- To impart knowledge or skill to...
- To provide knowledge of; instruct in...
- To condition to a certain action or frame of mind...
- To carry on instruction on a regular basis in...
- To cause to learn by example or experience...
God is always faithful to teach me. I, on the other hand, am not always faithful to be taught. In 2012, I pray fervently to be open to every moment. I long to be led by my God. To be grown in His wisdom. To be built and rebuilt by His strength. To be discipled by His people. To be loved furiously by Him. To be taught. As a Father to a daughter. A Creator to His creation. A friend to a friend.
I long to be teachable. Do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment