Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kaylie: A Social Hazard.

So, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, upper respiratory congestion, a cough, and fatigue. And I immediately thought, "Hello, Yearly Sinus Infection! What took you so long!?" But when I shared these symptoms with my sister (who is in her third year of nursing school), she flipped and persistently, but calmly urged me to get a swine flu swab! Now, we were at lunch at this point, so if I had been inoculated with this potentially deadly strain of the influenza virus, I was putting the entire restaurant at risk and therefore a social hazard. 

Amber leaned back every time I coughed and looked around the restaurant to make sure no one heard it/saw it. Then, I began to get paranoid that maybe I DID have the swine flu! I would have to be quarantined for 7 days! And people would throw tomatoes at my house and put a sign up that said  "Stay away! She's contagious!"...and no one would let me keep their children ever again! Ok clearly, I mildly overreacted. 

To make a long story short (though the clinic visit was not!), I have good news and I have bad news. 

Good news: No swine flu here!
Bad news: I am convinced that I sustained a brain injury from the nasal swab. 

6 comments:

  1. i am glad you do not have the swine flu! i am also glad for my own well being that you do not have the swine flu since you could have passed on the flu and the shame of having a tomatoe-covered house onto me! ;) feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha So true!! I can think of some pregnant ladies that wouldn't be very happy with me either! :) See you soon dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must say I am relieved....specially since I worked with you all day (well, almost all day) yesterday! Feel better friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Meg, you and Jenny would have been my first phone calls if I had been positive for the swine flu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading that last line made my day! You are HI-STERICAL Kaylie P! I love you! Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kaylie! I am glad I found your blog and will be reading all about what you're up to! We will be back in BHam in July and I want to get lunch with you one day. Take care!!

    Laura :)
    Check out www.thoselittles.blogspot.com for more photos of one child than you can imagine!! ha!

    ReplyDelete