I think its safe to say that we are almost always waiting. On something...on someone...Whether it be waiting to check-out at Publix...for an eternal Kingdom...or simply for the weekend. (Which in my case right now only means that I will actually get paid for the work I do :).
Like I said, we're waiting. I believe that character is not built upon one's ability to wait. We can all do it. I believe that one's true self is gloriously revealed in the manner in which they wait. Are you tapping your foot? Watching your clock? Or do you FORGET that you are waiting because you are too busy living life to the fullest in the present? My deepest desire is to be described as the latter. To be hopeful of things to come, while being content in the here-and-now.
Here's to building patience. And to the incredible journey that occurs while we wait...
While I'm Waiting- John Waller:
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, LordAnd I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waitingI will serve You
While I'm waitingI will worship
While I'm waitingI will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You know this was in the movie, "Fireproof," don't you!?! Love the song. It seems to minister to me in so many different ways! Love you and miss you, my friend!
ReplyDeleteOf course I do! You know your parents are in that movie, right?! :) Love and miss you.
ReplyDelete