One of the most incredible opportunities I have in my life right now is the chance to disciple 5 beautiful Seniors. I signed up to lead a Core Group when I first moved to Birmingham and these lovely ladies have been stuck with me (and my co-leader, Liz) ever since. I say lovely not because of their physical beauty (which they all possess abundantly) but because of their spirits. All my life, I have been fortunate enough to have people pour into me. Through middle school, through high school, all the way through college, and even now. So I know the weight of the job at hand. I know that these girls are being molded as high school students. And I consider myself truly blessed to have been able to watch them grow into such breathtaking creations. I consider it an honor to pour the Word, my experiences, my advice, my encouragement, my heart and soul into their lives. Because I know that they will do (and are doing) big things for the Kingdom of God. They already have a brokenness for the lost, and an urgency to reach them. They already have a joy, a zeal for life. And they already have a spirit of worship. Can you imagine the things they will do as college students? As wives? As moms? As leaders in their ministries of choice? If they are already such solid girls? I, for one, can't wait to see them continue to grow. For they have grown me as much as I have grown them. They have encouraged me as much I as have encouraged them. And they have loved me as much as I have loved them.
Each Sunday, and each day I'm with them, I am filled with affirmation that God is good, and big, and active, and intimately a part of our lives and hearts. For that, I am eternally grateful.




I have a deep desire to see them prepared for the world ahead of them as they head off to college next year. So, if you will, pray with me for their hearts...for their dreams...for their journey toward who God wants them to be.
Glad to have already been a part of it,
K
Philemon 4-7:
"I always thank my God when I pray for you, Philemon, because I keep hearing about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ. Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people."


Gee kaylie.... just make me cry why don't you!! :( I love you soooooo much!! :)
ReplyDelete