Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rookie Mistake...

Soooo....Amber and I have never done the Black Friday shopping thing before. And this year was no different because we were in Tuscaloosa watching Bama hand Auburn a ballgame (a whole different story). BUT when we returned home that evening, we thought we would just head out to Target to see what, if anything, was left over from the morning madness. Boy, did we find stuff! And by stuff, I mean "covert information". So apparently, Target has a 2 DAY sale on Black Friday AND on Black Saturday (didn't know this existed, but I went with it). Leslie (our cashier at Target that Friday night) told us (under her breath I might add) that the same sale that took place on Friday would happen again in the morning, complete with a new shipment of merchandise. No way!, we exclaimed out of sheer excitement. (You see, my little sister had her heart set on a big screen LCD HDTV). New question: Well, what time do you open in the morning? Answer: 4:00am just like today! Leslie answered. Ugh. Well at least, we would get a good deal and we had nothing planned for Saturday except decorating for Christmas with mom. So, we resolved to camp out in the parking lot at 3:00am to beat the crowd and get Ambie's TV. Because what little sister wants, little sister gets.

2:30 came really early that next morning (and by next morning, I mean 4 hours later), but we were ready and out the door, coffee in hand, by 2:45. Ready for a TV, ready for adventure, not exactly ready to be disappointed...I'll let this video take it from here.







So, yeah. Target actually opened at 8:00am that morning. And after a 3 hour nap in the car, we were disappointed AGAIN once the rumors about a "new shipment" were dissolved by a really grumpy Electronics manager who told us that "all our tv's sold out yesterday, duh" (well, she didn't say duh, but her face did.) So here's my letter to Leslie:

Dear Leslie,
You helped us none today. Actually you made me get out of my warm, comfy bed and run to the car, and drive to Target only to realize that your information was incorrect. Not once, but twice. I'm tired. I'm cold. and I'm empty-handed. Oh, but not to worry, Walmart was happy to help us find a good deal on a TV at 9:00am when we headed over there after being shooed like a fly at a cookout at your store. Thank you again for nothing.
Your Disgruntled Customer,
Kaylie
P.S. Couldn't help but notice that you weren't there at 4am. Interesting...

2 comments:

  1. OH NO! I think you should pay Leslie a friendly visit. :) You are too funny, though. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might invite her over to watch tv on our new flat-screen :) Love and miss you more. CBC is just not the same without you, love.

    ReplyDelete