Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Leaving Room...

I mentioned a few weeks/months ago that plans were in the works for me to go to Haiti for a community health mission in January. I was so excited about the opportunity and had really begun to prepare my heart for the trip. Last week, I got word that the MD that would be accompanying us was unfortunately no longer able to go...and that without an MD the trip would have to be canceled. And so it was. I was heartbroken at first. And a little confused about why this trip had been part of my life only to be dissolved. I can only believe that God has a sovereign reason why I wasn't supposed to be there.

After a few days of letting the news soak in, I realized that I still had that week off of work. My brain and heart started to dream...And then a new plan arose. At the end of this week, I will purchase my tickets to head to the west coast to visit my sweet friends of Epic Church in San Francisco. I could not be more excited, and am anxious to see what the Lord has planned for my time with them.

Learning to leave room in my plans for God to move...

Grateful that I have a King that makes perfect plans.





"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment