Merely typing that statement fills my heart with 1,000 emotions. The short of it: I'm excited to move into the new role God has prepared me for, but truly grateful for who I have become within the walls of UAB Labor and Delivery. Caring for my patients alongside the people that I love there has been such a blessing. Most days (if my apt would allow me to miss some rent payments), I would do this job for free. And that's not fluff. I really would. I feel as though few people can say that about the job that they get up to do every morning. But I feel overwhelmingly thankful for the truth in that. And I feel even more grateful that God is/will continue to put me in places where He will be glorified. My time here is drawing to an end, but He will never.
And I'm all out of words now to describe my contentment.
Instead...
I follow an incredible blog (www.kellehampton.com) and amidst her incredible stories and beautiful photography, I found this quote. I do believe it is perfect for a day like today.
I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.
-Dawna Markova
-Dawna Markova


I'm so glad you worked there when I was in need. I'm sure you touched many lives besides just mine :)
ReplyDeleteSweet Laura :) It was a joy to be there for Kate's birthday! I'm actually looking for reasons to stick around PRN to deliver my friends' babies. You game for #2?
ReplyDelete